Sunday, February 16, 2014

Home is where the heart is

Lately I've been dreaming about what I would do if I got the chance to renovate my own space. So naturally, when the chance to renovate Drew's new room came up - I jumped at the chance!
In my head I know what I want the space to look like, but it's a bit harder for the Mr to wrap his head around my big ideas.
As of last, we've given the room a good scrub down with sugar soap (which is a miracle in a bottle if you ask me), removed doors, hinges, lights; basically anything that doesn't need a coat of paint and started sanding down in prep for plastering. We probably lasted a good few hours until it dawned on us that we can pay a friend to do this for us.. professionally!

The room it's self has gone through a lot of wear and tear - with at one stage 2 teenage boys sharing the space. So we have our work cut out for us! We're looking at getting some new carpet and maybe some mounted shelves for storage. I think it would be cool to take off the wardrobe door and turn that into a desk / workspace / TV / storage thingy. My best friend at the moment is Pinterest and Apartment Therapy for all inspiration. Surprisingly, there aren't too many posts around on really nice manly-rooms that aren't 'man-caves'. So just looking at elements within rooms, rather than to try and copy paste entire projects...

I can't talk for both of us (aka, if I had it my way), but I quite like the cubby-hole shelving in this kitchen space, and the rustic head board and antlers; and the photo montage above the bed. I think we'll have to make a mood board so we know what he wants.

Still a work in progress - I hope that he will let me add a little bit of me to the room... But a girl can dream right?


1 2 3

1 comment:

  1. I love the shelving in the kitchen as well, especially how rustic it is and how it can double as extra workspace!

    ReplyDelete