Saturday, February 8, 2014

Explore // Rolling with Dory

Thursday was Waitangi Day so Drew, myself and a few friends took the opportunity to hit the road and spend the day in Tauranga… yes, again. Me and Megan headed down on Wednesday to stay with my Granparents for the night to reduce the driving times, and we caught the sunset just as we were driving over the Kaimais. 

Meet Dory; and yes, she was named after my favorite blue fish on Finding Nemo. She was my Christmas present to myself last year - and I've been itching to take her on the open road. She's only a 1.3L, so it was a pretty cheap trip, which is always a good thing!



Keeping up with my #356daysovermiles challenge, Megan and I tackled Mauao and gosh, what a challenge it was! Sweating up at storm, covering 3kms (1.86411miles - kinda disheartening once it converts it to miles :( weeeeh), elevation 232m. But was a killer! It was a bit windy so didn't get to spend to much at the beach, so after meeting up with the boys we hit the salt water hot pools, (which for the record - is super salty!) and indulged my muscles in the spas, and man - so gooooood!


 






























I was actually born in Tauranga and went to school in Welcome Bay, so of course did the old tour guide gig - showing the team where I lived and my old primary school and where you can get walnuts and my dentist and yadda yadda yadda… haha. Well I actually did Waka Ama as a youngin' for Hoe Aroha *cough At one point the youngest midget gold medalist cough* so it was cool to see the same wakes (boats/canoes) that I use to paddle in! #Throwback #MemoryLane

Hopefully the weather stays good so I can do a bit more traveling this Summer! Constantly hear about how beautiful our country is, and most of the time they've seen way more that me.
So another of my resolutions this year to is to try and see more of my own country… before traveling to see the rest of the world! I'm keen to hear what you think some good spots to visit are! I'm ready for a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment