Monday, January 4, 2016

5 Things I Am Grateful For

Well hello and Happy New Year to you all! Aint this just an unfamiliar sight.
I am back with a renewed look at this platform! If you know me, I'm very sporadic when I comes to content. I don't particularly think my life is interesting enough for content, but there's no any better way to ring in 2016 than to reflect on the year that was, and the beautiful things that I have experienced.  

1. Good Friends
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17
So thankful to have an amazing network for friends that have your back. They won't gossip or backstab, they won't let you make a fool of yourself, and they WILL let you know when your playing up. Been rolling with my cliche for years now and to be able to see each other grow our strengths, gifts and talents, sharpening each other, takes a special bunch to hang around after all these years. Truly blessed to have my #wolfpack sisterhood.

2. Knowing Who I Am
"Better to have stood for something, than to fall for nothing". It might come with the maturity, but knowing who I am and my values, has helped me recognize what I stand for, what is important to me and what can be left behind. I can easily say that I am a church girl where my God and church comes first, an optimist that doesn't do things to please people, creative thinker + brainstorm extraordinaire, and is all for change for better (and easier) way to do thing. Anything that doesn't fit into that - buh-bye! 

3. Family
“Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.” Proverbs 1:8-9 
With my Mum overseas and my Dad a couple hours drive away, it isn't easy having your family so far away, so I am always grateful for the time I do get to spend with them. Sometimes communication is a hit and miss, where are lot of experiences and opportunities are missed because I don't get that one-on-one time with my wider family. I will say that the MIL, is my rock at the moment with all these wedding plans + timelines and organising the logistics of it all - she's been a good middle-woman with the other side of the family. I really do appreciate you Cindy! x

4. The Struggles
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
Sometimes, well a lot of the time - it's the mountains and the Goliaths we face, do realise just how much power we have. Whether it's getting up early in the morning, stopping that bad habit or letting go of some situations - do we see that we CAN do a lot, and that we have the faith in ourselves to enable that power within. For me, my faith is a large part of my everyday. Relinquishing a lot of things to God with the understanding that our battles are already won, we just need to turn and face them.  God won't give us anything we can't handle, that behind that seeming impossible task is a reward far greater than I know now. 

5. Mr DTW
"Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace." Ephesians 4:2-3
Cheesy I know, but this man has taught me a lot in the 4 years we have been together. The biggest one - patience. Which mainly came down to waiting to be proposed to, but even patience in communication and not rushing into everything, that is is ok to step back and get a good look at things. I would say that is his realist perspective on things, sometimes crushing my optimistic dreams - but it's healthy to have that balance or what I want and what will work (which has proven during wedding planning). But there is no one else I'ld rather fight, laugh and cry with, than my awesome man x

Cheers to another year of blessings and greatness! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment