Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Explore // Detour!

You know that feeling in your gut when you know something is going to happen?
Well I had that feeling this morning as we were traveling to the airport.

Turns out that you need your passport valid for at least 6 months prior to leaving. And if you hadn't guessed already… I had less than 6 months.

So here I am. Wallowing in pity that I wasn't able to make the flight that everyone else was on.
I feel so stupid that I let something like this slip from my mind - I remember checking my passport's expiry date several times, but never did it occur to me that there was a minimum amount of time.

The good news is that I am in the process of getting an emergency passport and re-booked to fly this Thursday and from there will meet up with the team on the other side.

Before my flattie left, she said to me "There will be a good reason why you missed this flight", and I like to believe so. Today has been a major test for me, in patience and faith. Fingers crossed that Thursday will be more positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment